Šternberk is a town in the Olomouc Region of the Czech Republic. It has ca. 14,000 inhabitants.
It was first mentioned as castrum (castle) Sternberch in 1269 and as civitas (town) Sternberch in 1296.
From 1645 until 1650, during and immediately after the Thirty Years' War, the town was held by Sweden. In 1741 it was captured by Prussia.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Denisa Cholastova (denuska) (159)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-03-20
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Canon Rebel EOS300D
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/400 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2011-03-20 10:08