Photographer's Note

In the village of Agua de Pau, in the so-called Pico da Figueira, was erected in 1932, the Chapel of Nossa Senhora do Monte Santo. In this same area, the girl Maria Joana Tavares Canto and a friend witnessed apparitions of the Virgin. On 5 July 1918, about twelve thousand people who attended were there, too, the miracle of the apparition of Mary. The chapel, built by the parents of the girl Mary Jane, has a hexagonal body and one altar with the image of Our Lady of Mt. In 1998, with the permission of the Bishop of the Azores, was built a shining cross on the hill behind the chapel, the Catholic Association Catholic Register

For those who do not like the effect of tobacco in the sky see here for another angle in natural color Ermida Monte Santo

Nikon D40X
2010/02/13 17:51:19.1
Compressed RAW (12-bit)
Image Size: Large (3872 x 2592)
Lens: 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 G
Focal Length: 10mm
Exposure Mode: Manual
Metering Mode: Spot
1/160 sec - F/10
Exposure Comp.: +0.3 EV
Sensitivity: ISO 100
Optimize Image: Custom
White Balance: Preset
AF Mode: AF-A
Color Mode: Mode IIIa (sRGB)
Tone Comp.: More Contrast
Hue Adjustment: +3°
Saturation: Enhanced
Sharpening: Medium high
Long Exposure NR: Off
VR Control: Off
High ISO NR: Off

Reserved copyrights: The present photograph is intellectual workmanship protected by law 9610/98 being forbidden to the reproduction for any way without the previous authorization in writing it author. Please contact Gonçalo Lopes

Photo Information
Viewed: 3966
Points: 82
  • None
Additional Photos by Goncalo Lopes (Bluejeans) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 9250 W: 115 N: 13285] (64251)
View More Pictures