Dar Młodzieży ("the gift of youth") is a Polish sailing training ship designed by Zygmunt Choreń and launched in 1982 in the Gdańsk shipyard, Poland. Its home port is Gdynia (Poland). It has replaced Dar Pomorza.
* Length: 110.6 m
* Width: 14 m
* Height: 62.1 m
* Depth: 6.3 m
* Sail surface: 3,015 m˛
* Crew: around 200
• Type of ship: Sailing-school, Three mast frigate • Flag: Poland • Port of Registry:Gdynia • Year, place and symbol of the construction: 1982, Gdansk Shipyard, B95 / 1 • Call sign: SQLZ • Class PRS: A 16 hp 1 sp • Height to main deck: 7.815 m • Height to upper deck: 10.05 m • Sail area of the basic: 3015 sq. m • Elevation masts: 49.5 m 49.5 m 46.5 m • RTD: 2384.85 t • NRT: 335.37 t • Displacement: 2946 t • Speed Sailing: • Highest daily mileage: 264.7 Nm (average speed 11.29 knots) • Maximum instantaneous speed: 16.5 knots • Main engine: Cegielski - Sulzer type 8 AL 20/24, 2 * 750 PS (552 kW) • The speed of the engine: Economic speed: 9 knots • Maximum speed: 12 knots • The crew: 40 • Apprentices: 136....wikipedia.
* more photos : http://www.dpreview.co.uk/galleries/4090493175/photos/296774/dar-mlodziezy-poland
* more info: http://www.sailtraininghellas.org/p/6/2_18
** SEE my HERE WS another choice
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
mark88 (2) 2010-05-14 9:55
I come from Gdynia ... nice to see the sailboat in the waters of another country.
mursaloglu (8682) 2010-05-14 10:26
I you are racing with Costantino about this yachts? :) yours too is so beautiful and great dinamism and amasing POV. ine poli orea ihsan bravo
Budapestman (82620) 2010-05-14 15:54
a beautiful view with splendid details, the composition is spectacular and nicely balanced, great atmosphere, Tfs! Have a nice weekend! Kellemes hétvégét kívánok!
mkamionka (31955) 2012-03-28 3:43
funny thing to see a Polish yacht in a photo from Greece.
I guess the name of the boat must sound very foreign to other people.
- Copyright: Georgios Topas (TopGeo) (38206)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2010-05-12
- Categories: Daily Life, Nature, Ceremony
- Camera: Canon EOS450D, Canon 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6 II USM
- Exposure: f/8, 1/250 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version, Workshop
- Theme(s): The Historical Seas Tall Ships Regatta [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2010-05-14 9:21