Well, my A Walk Down Main Street series is done... So it's time to start a new one!
Today we begin my Vancouver Urban series. It's not so rigidly structured as a the last one (thank god). It's a group of eight pictures that share a high contrast, and hopefully a little off, pics of life in the "big" city.
This is pic one, a look at The Harbour Tower. One of the more distinctive buildings in the Van-city skyline, it features a revolving restaurant and a panoramic view of the city. However, since Vanvouver has a 30 year old 140 metre height restriction on buildings (in order to presevere mountain views) it is pretty tiny! (Well, this is coming from a Toronto boy used to a tower 550m in height dominating the skyline!)
Post-pro: convert to b/w, curves, sharpening.
- Copyright: alex felipe (RandomCameraGuy) (3071)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Black & White
- Date Taken: 2004-09-19
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Olympus C-5050Z, 35-105mm, @ ISO 64
- Exposure: f/4.5, 1/800 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Vancouver Urban [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2004-10-18 9:22