Deer (singular and plural) are the ruminant mammals that comprise the family Cervidae. Species therein include white-tailed deer, such mule deer as black-tailed deer, elk, moose, red deer, reindeer (caribou) fallow deer, roe deer, pudú and chital. Male deer of all species (except the Chinese water deer) and female reindeer grow and shed new antlers each year, thereby differing from such permanently horned animals as antelope, which are in the same order as deer and may be superficially similar.
These ones I see at the Buenos Aires Zoo.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Andre Bonavita (bona) (13634)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-08-07
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i, Canon EF 18-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/250 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Winter in Argentina
- Date Submitted: 2014-03-06 8:08