Los Medanos (Dunes) are located near the city on the road that leads to Paraguaná, in the National Park especially created to preserve them. It is a compulsory stop for all tourist (young and not so young), who have a terrific time rolling down the sandy hillsides. On this mini-desert the wind blows implacably, moving the dunes all around and covering up all the scarce vegetation.
The Medanos de Coro is the largest of Falcón State four National Parks covering 912Km2 on the Isthmus of Paraguaná and the sea on either side, with the highway in between. The famous sand dunes shift over the road at the city's edge, whipped by constant trade winds.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Isaac Bonyuet (Isaac) (133)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2007-04-19
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: SONY CYBER-SHOT DSC-W1, Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar 2,8-5,2/7,9-23,7
- Exposure: f/10.0, 1/200 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2007-05-30 10:36