Alice in chains, baby..
Now, where was I? Colca Canyon, actually, sometime after the last shot I posted.
A day of walking in the desert dust later, a day of walking down to the bottom of one of, if not the, deepest canyons in the world.
A lot of dust, cacti, agave plants, and donkeys. You see, that's the only way to get to where we stayed - walking, or donkey.
Or mule, too, I guess. You can see the path winding down the cliff/hill/mountain on the left. That was about a mile down I think. Around the green bit at the bottom is the oasis at which I had a truly excellent swim and a few well deserved cervezas.
And then we walked up the zigzag path there.
Anyway, a truly excellent trek - make sure you don't miss it if you ever get there.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Adam Coles (adamasao1) (466)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2007-07-14
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Sony A100, Sony 18-70 f:3.5-5.6, 55 mm HOYA Circular Polarizer
- Exposure: f/9.0, 1/80 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Chile, Bolivia and Peru
- Date Submitted: 2008-08-04 2:49