A family from over the mountain grieved as their beloved was remembered on Jan. 6, 2010. A Spanish guitar player was paid to play songs of lament during the funeral. The family had also carried their belovedís casket from the town church to the cemetery of Santa Ana, Ecuador, which is part of the funeral procession.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
KateinDenmark (1634) 2010-05-12 12:26
This is a very strange photo to me. You have an excellent POV - a God's eye view, so to speak. It is strange to see how the kids just seem to be watching the scene and only the adults seem sad. It also seems quite chaotic compared to burials I've seen. It challenges what I think of as a funeral... thus making it a good photo. Good post.
- Copyright: Michael Scott O'Neal (jwillie44) (1234)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2010-01-06
- Categories: Daily Life, Ceremony, Event, Decisive Moment
- Exposure: f/14.0, 1/800 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2010-05-11 11:35