Taken at an elementary school while the children were formed up before classes. Ecuador has many social programs, some include giving free uniforms to school kids. I'm not sure about this year, but in 2009, the town of Santa Ana had not benefited from free school uniforms. The parents of these school kids had to purchase the uniforms. For the boys, the uniform was $14. This is in a town where most people live off of $1 to $2 a day.
Ecuador is an agricultural country with big areas of very fertile soil and in most places access to water.
On the world scene Ecuador is:
* The biggest exporter of Bananas in the world.
* The second biggest producer of scrimps in the world
* The second biggest producer of Cocoa in Latin America after Brazil
* Other main productions are: coffee, flowers, rice, oil palms and sugar.
* Of mineral resources Ecuador has oil, gold, silver, cobber, zinc and lead.
* The main export is oil which count for 60% of the revenue.
* USA is the leading market for Ecuador. 53% of its export goes to USA.
Critiques | Translate
rikko77 (10861) 2010-03-16 9:56
once again, a great shot Michael, followed by an interesting note. I like the way you put your attention on details here, in the FG, without forgetting to give importance to the surrounding environment in the BG, out of focus (I agree with this choice), but we can see it well. It's a well thought pic, well seen and well done.
Have a good day
lucero (1102) 2010-03-16 10:24
Me encanta la foto. Perfecto enfoque en el primer plano y efecto de profundidad.
Estas son las fotos que me encantarķa hacer y nunca me salen bien.
baclama (18896) 2010-03-16 12:42
je trouve le cadrage extraordinaire, tres bien vu, un bokeh parfait...un peu de douceur au milieu d'une discipline rigoureuse apparemment...
Sistercosmo (242) 2010-04-02 14:38
you have some really good ones!! The only reason that I found your gallery is because you wrote me! ;) You should write more critiques so that people get to know your work. Good stuff here.
If I had time, I'd write on a lot more of your shots. (But I'll be back!) I really love the "Angel" photo too.
I picked this one right now because it's so artistic and full of expression and - absolutely unique! A candy wrapper on the floor, bright orange. And sharp dirt specks on the ground. But this guy's pants make it! Way too short, utterly wrinkled, the left leg tentatively repaired with white thread that hangs out...
The shoes are clean though, and the blurred girls in their skirts and white socks.... A fantastic shot!!
Good luck with your studies. You sure have plenty of potential!
Happy Easter, Happy Passover, Happy Weekend!
- Copyright: Michael Scott O'Neal (jwillie44) (1234)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2010-01-04
- Categories: Daily Life, Decisive Moment
- Exposure: f/7.1, 1/125 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2010-03-16 8:55
- Favorites: 1 [view]