Carnaval is the most popular party in Brazil. Usually 3 to 4 months before it (it usually occurs by the end of frebruary), there are a lot already going on in Rio. Rehearsal of school of samba in local courts (usually inside of Rio's famous favelas) where anyone can go, carnaval blocks (small schools of samba) have small parades in those months before carnaval.
In that particular day, a local store invite a school of samba to make a party every saturday in the public square just in front of it. Bateria (group of percussionits), passistas (dancers as those ones) and baianas (old ladies in traditional customs) assemble a small, but very fun party.
A PS of another shot of the passistas
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Joel Kos (jkos) (981)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2005-12-11
- Categories: Festivals
- Camera: Canon 350d (Rebel), Canon 17-85mm F\4-5.6 IS USM, Ultra-Violet
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Modicade Independente [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2005-12-17 18:23