The sculpture depicts Xochilipilli the Aztec god of love, games, beauty, dance, flowers, maize, pleasure, art and songs. Formed by the Nahuatl words xochitl (flower) and pilli (prince) means Prince of the Flowers, but can also be interpreted as precious or noble flower.
Thi statue was a present from Mexico Government to Brazil in 1935 as a symbol of friendship between the countries. It is located in Rio de Janeiro Botanical Garden.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Andre Gustavo (bona) (11172)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-01-06
- Categories: Nature, Artwork
- Camera: Canon Digital Rebel XT (350D), Canon EF 18-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM
- Exposure: f/4.5, 1/160 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-10-20 13:28