Another shot of the "Christos Redemptor" in the heights of the "Cidade Maravilhosa"...
It is not as original as this one but I like it very much.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
Miks (1717) 2003-08-02 7:50
Phantastic image of the single most photographed place in Rio. I'm amazed that you've maneged to get the face so well exposured in backlight conditions, but the effect with the sun and the clouds behind the statue is great!
I also like that you have resisted the temptation to crop away the crowd. This way the 'divine' atmosphere is complemented by something mundane (No, I'm not trying to make a teological point here).
gringofil (0) 2003-08-02 9:11
I think I like this one much better. The sun right behind the statue makes a nice "halo" to finish off the symbolism and give the image power. Quite well done!
TheUnknown (277) 2003-08-02 13:25
This is nice but it would've been excellent if there werent any people in the foreground.
marioDS (0) 2003-08-16 19:33
O Senhor ja conhece bem o nosso pais ! Essa outra foto é linda tambem !
- Copyright: Steven Le Vourc'h (Curioso) (9271)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Black & White
- Date Taken: 2001-05-00
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Sony DSC-S70, JPEG 100 ISO
- Exposure: f/6.8, 1/1000 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Theme(s): Christ Redeemer, Rio de Janeiro, RIO DE JANEIRO [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2003-08-02 4:46
- Favorites: 1 [view]