Here a view took from the "Christ Belvedere" at BR-040 road close to Petropolis city (at mountain range of Rio de Janeiro State).
The Christ Belvedere was open in 1938. There is place a scultuew of Christ in the Cros made by Mario de Murtas. The statue and base is made of bronze and granite. The sculture have 5 meters high.
From the there we have a nice view of the "Serra da Estrela" (Star Mountain Range). Serra da Estrela (where Petropolis city is placed) is 845 meter above the sea level and is part of "Serra dos Órgãos" (Órgãos Mountain Range).
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Andre Bonavita (bona) (13520)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-11-15
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i, Canon EF 18-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM
- Exposure: f/10.0, 1/250 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Itaipava - Rio's mountain city
- Date Submitted: 2014-04-28 7:28