Photos

Photographer's Note

.A História da cidade Tiradentes teve seu ínicio no século XVIII e está alinhavada à febre do ouro, que se instaurou no estado de Minas Gerais. A região, que hoje abrange a cidade, ficou conhecida pelas altas concentrações de ouro de superfície em comparação às demais localizações mineiras. Por esta razão, o que era um pequeno arraial acabou se desenvolvendo ao ponto de atingir o status de vila – a Vila de São João del Rei -, que assim permaneceu até 1889, quando passou a se chamar de Tiradentes. Grande parte dos seus casarões e igrejas permanecem originais e a maioria das edificações datam do século XVIII. A cidade, quase que em sua totalidade, é pontuada de casarões coloniais e o seu coração é o Largo das Forras, centro histórico onde grande parte dos estabelecimentos (restaurantes, bares e lojinhas) estão reunidos.

O sobrado que hoje abriga a Prefeitura Municipal situa-se no Largo das Forras e chama a atenção pelo seu porte. É a única edificação de três pavimentos do centro histórico de Tiradentes.
O Largo das Forras foi assim nomeado por ter sido o local onde os escravos recebiam sua carta de alforria, em tempos de fim de escravidão. Hoje, os antigos casarões coloniais, que antes abrigavam as famílias mineiras, foram sendo reconfigurados e adaptados ao turismo.

. A History of Tiradentes town had its beginning in the eighteenth century and is stitched to the gold rush, which has been established in the State of Minas Gerais. The region, which today covers the city, was known for high concentrations of gold surface compared to other mining locations. For this reason, it was a small camp just developing at the point of achieving the status of village - the village of São João del Rei - that remained so until 1889, when it was renamed Tiradentes. Much of its mansions and churches remain original and most of the buildings date from the eighteenth century. The city, almost in its entirety, is dotted with colonial mansions and your heart is the Largo das Forras, historic center where most establishments (restaurants, bars and shops) are gathered.

The manor house which now houses the City Hall is located at the Largo das Forras and draws attention for its size. It is the only building of three floors of the historic center of Tiradentes.
The Largo das Forras was so named because it was the place where slaves received their letter of manumission, in order to slavery times. Today, the old colonial mansions that once housed the mining families, were being reconfigured and adapted to tourism.

gervaso has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 832
Points: 14
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Ricardo Rodrigues (ricardomattos) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 404 W: 0 N: 401] (3868)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH