December 25th, 1767.
In a coarse and modest round wood chapel, palm leaf cover, the Priest Manoel de Jesus Maria celebrates the 1th mass in the “Freguesia do Mártir São Manoel do Rio da Pomba e do Peixe dos Índios Croatos e Cropós”.
In this place today is risen the São Manoel First Church.
The workmanship was carried through by the Priest Calixto Gonçalves da Cruz, with the launching of the basic rock in May 3th, 1912 and conclusion in 1918.
It was projected for civil engineer Dr. Joaquim Furtado de Menezes and the constructors had been Mr. Quírico Marini and is father, Mr. Silvano Marini.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Roberto Mosqueira (Roberto_Babo) (227)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2007-07-00
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Canon EOS Rebel Ti, 28-90 mm 1:4-5.6, Kodak Pro Image 100
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): CONHEÇA RIO POMBA, MINAS GERAIS, Igrejas de Minas I (Churches of Minas Gerais) [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2007-10-06 9:20