Ongamira is a true charmed valley arisen in the period cretácico (between 120 and 130 million years behind).
It is located to the north of the Small Mountains, to 1200 meters on the level of the sea, to 110 Km. of the city of Córdoba.
With a great landscape, these reddish mountains of gritty, present forms capriciously modelled by the force of the winds and the waste of the rain.
For more than 8.000 years, this territory was populated by nomadic aboriginal groups, specialized hunters belonging to the culture of "Ayampitín."
Toward the 200 d.C, they arrived from the north other towns, state-of-the-art, that introduced new customs, among them the use of the arch. These aboriginal ones would form the town comechingón then.
The first news of this town were brought by the survivors of the expedition that Don Diego of Red carried out in 1543, well-known as "the men of the entrance."
The Valley of Ongamira was the last haven where they resisted the comechingones free of the Spanish conqueror's yoke.
When being granted the posts (natives assigned as workers the Spaniards) on the part of the founder from Córdoba, Don Jerónimo Luís of Goatherd, the Indians of this valley were granted to the Captain Don Blas of Rosebushes.
The splendid agent went to Ongamira to take possession of his post. This would be their last trip, because the comechingones faced and they gave death to the conqueror.
The reprisal was not made wait. A force went to the valley where these resisted until being sieged in its sacred hill, The Colchiquín. It was this way, like in 1574, the last free comechingones was finished combatting. Some of them, inclusive were precipitated from the heights for not falling under the power of the conquest.
Nobody has marked this note useful