La Rioja is the Capital of the province with the same name. Among the Touristic offers, is a trademark the "Tourism of the Faith".
The city the two oldes buildings in the country, one of the is the Santo Domingo Church (1623) and the cell used by Saint Francisco Solano in the last years of the XV Century.
Next to the cell is the orange tree that the Saint himself planted, today is protected by a glass structure.
Santo Domingo is build in a tipical Spanish Colonial fashion, with round stones.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Patricio Burraco (pburraco) (861)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2006-04-03
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: KODAK CX 6230, 36-108mm F2.8-4.7/F5.2-8.9
- Exposure: f/5.2, 1/30 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Churches [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2006-06-15 14:22