At 4.200 meters ASL it is considered the emblem of peace between Argentina and Chilean people. The enormous sculpture is ten meters tall, and was 100 years old in 2004.
At this altitud, where winds are really strong and cold, it is hard to stay a long time for taking photos.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
bibiweb (8) 2006-04-22 4:22
I really appreciate your photo because I crossed the border between Chile and Argentina in February, but I didn't get a chance to see this statue which I read about in my guidebook. We didn't have time to do the excursion.
I like your POV and you've managed to capture good, saturated colors. Muchas gracias!
- Copyright: Patricio Burraco (pburraco) (861)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2006-03-26
- Categories: Nature, Architecture
- Camera: Sony DSC F828 Cybershot, Carl Zeiss Vario Sonnar T* 28-200 mm., CompactFlash 512MB, Hoya 58mm UV
- Exposure: f/8, 1/250 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2006-04-21 21:38