The land on which the Rose Garden is placed belonged to Juan Manuel de Rosas until he was defeated at the Battle of Caseros and the lands confiscated and the landscaper Carlos Thays designed there the "Tres de February" Park.
The work was completed between May 5 and November 22 of 1914. At the time 14,650 rosebushes of 1,189 varieties were planted.
He add to the garden a Greek Pergola bordering the lake (next photo), a bandstand and a jetty. Carlos Thays still add a Greek style bridge.
The Park was inaugurated in November 24 of 1914.
Critiques | Translate
rigoletto (34269) 2014-06-22 23:16
incredibly soft light and painterly, pastel colors attract attention even in the main gallery. it is useless to say how the walking couple with their doggie enhances the composition. very pleasant to look at.
Sergiom (62954) 2014-06-23 5:19
J'aime beaucoup la composition de cette image. Le point de vue est parfait pour nous montrer oł le couple au chien se dirige, ce qui est parfait. Les couleurs sont belles sous ce ciel expressif.
- Copyright: Andre Bonavita (bona) (13117)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-08-10
- Categories: Daily Life, Nature
- Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i, Canon EF 18-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM, HOYA 67mm CIR-PL
- Exposure: f/8, 1/100 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Winter in Argentina
- Date Submitted: 2014-06-22 15:17