Colon Park is a green space that is adjacent to the Casa Rosada, to the east. The semicircle of the main level is an indication that Columbus Park covers the foundations of the New Aduana which in turn was built on land reclaimed from the Plate River to a few hundred meters east of the Casa Rosada, the Pink House in turn was built on the block in which it was located before the Fort of Buenos Aires.
The Park was closed to public access and many federal agents were walking around the park in the day I was there. Probably because of public manifestation occruing in front of the Pink House. In side the Park I saw these many yellow truck that are from "Brigada Nacional de Incendio Forestales" (National Brigade for Forest Fire). The Brigada was founded in 1996.
In August I will return to Buenos Aires and hope see the place oplen to public.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Andre Bonavita (bona) (13634)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-12-27
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i, Canon EF 18-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/160 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Autonomous City of Buenos Aires
- Date Submitted: 2013-06-04 7:48