A view of Milford sound looking southeast. It was raining when I took this picture.
Milford Sound is a fjord in the south west of New Zealand's South Island, within Fiordland National Park, Piopiotahi Marine Reserve, and the Te Wahipounamu World Heritage site. It has been judged the world's top travel destination in an international survey and is acclaimed as New Zealand's most famous tourist destination. Rudyard Kipling had previously called it the eighth Wonder of the World. It is also considrerd as the wettest inhabited part of New Zealand.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Andre Salvador (erdna) (5707)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-01-12
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Nikon D7000, Tamron 28-300mm, auto, Tiffen 62 UV Filter
- Exposure: f/7.1, 1/200 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2012-03-03 11:21
- Favorites: 1 [view]