St. Joseph's Cathedral located at the corners of Rattray and Smith Streets was designed in the Gothic Revival Style by Francis Petre and construction commenced in 1878, the cathedral opened in 1886.
The former St. Dominics Priory dates from 1877 and is located on the corner of Smith and Tennyson Streets. Designed by Francis Petre this was the largest unreinforced concrete building in the southern hemisphere. It is no longer a convent.
Located in City Rise just out of the centre of Dunedin
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Eric Daniels (lipscer) (739)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-02-07
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon 18-55mm
- Exposure: f/11, 1/125 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-01-20 11:01