Lady Bowen Falls is a famous waterfall at Milford Sound. It always has plenty of water flowing. Halfway down is a ledge which causes the falls to bounce up like water gushing from a fire hose. The red flowers are the southern rata, which flowers in December.
I took the photo from a boat, as the best view of the falls is from the water. There used to be a walking track to the base of the falls, but it seems to be closed now.
I used a contrast mask in Photoshop to lighten up the forest.
- Copyright: Vincent Morand (vjmite) (4186)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-12-25
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28, Hoya Circ Polariser
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/320 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2014-01-06 1:47