Another of my collection of sea gulls shot during my trip to Kaikoura.
Kaikoura is a town on the east coast of the South Island of New Zealand. It is located on State Highway 1 180 km north of Christchurch.
Kaikoura has now become a popular tourist destination, mainly for whale watching (the Sperm Whale watching is perhaps the best and most developed in the world) and swimming with or near dolphins. There is also a large and readily observed colony of Southern Fur Seals at the eastern edge of the town. At low tide, better viewing of the seals can be had as the ocean gives way to a rocky base which is easily navigable by foot for quite some distance. -- Wikipedia --
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Eugene Fu (eugenefu) (526)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-10-22
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Pentax K-r, Pentax SMC DAL f/3.5 - 5.6 18-55mm AL
- Exposure: f/11, 1/250 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Beautiful Natural New Zealand [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2012-04-19 18:53