Pohutu Geyser is a geyser in the Whakarewarewa Thermal Valley, Rotorua. Pohutu means "big splash" or "explosion."
The main geyser of the area, it spurts two to three times per hour (up to twenty times per day) and can reach heights of up to 100 metres.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Nikolai Vakhroushev (blagov58) (267)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-10-07
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Nikon D80, Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 SP AF XR Di II Macro
- Exposure: f/8, 1/250 seconds
- Details: Tripod: Yes
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2010-06-07 12:01