This is one of the Maori's carving found in Te Parapara garden of Hamilton Garden.
Why this wooden man's shameful expression means, i am not very sure.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
Noel_Byrne (7450) 2013-02-04 9:38
I love all of the many expressions that these great carvings hold, some angry as a sign of war, some calm as a sign of Mother Earth, and this one makes me smile. He does look shameful, but in a cartoon kind of way, the kind of expression you would expect from somebody who just broke wind in a crowded elevator :)
Great composition as well, just off centre, and the pointy sticks adding another element. Thanks for sharing!
All the best
- Copyright: Chian Sing Lai (kim_gwan) (278)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-11-21
- Categories: Artwork
- Camera: Sony Alpha a35, SAL 18-55 mm F3.5-5.6, SDHC 8G, Hoya HMC UV Multicoated 55mm
- Exposure: f/11, 1/80 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-02-03 0:27