Geoglyph - is an artwork which can be fully appreciated only when they are viewed from high above.
This geoglyph is located at You Yangs regional park located south west of Melbourne.
It was created by australian sculptor Andrew Rogers to commemorate the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games. The geoglyph on the You Yangs depicts Bunjil, a mythical creature to the local Wathaurong Aboriginal people. With a wing span of 100 metres, it uses 1500 tonnes of rock.
This photo was taken from the walking track leading to the Flinders peak.
Because of distance, I had to zoom to 200 mm, and slightly crop the photo.
- Copyright: Linas Kardasevicius (linask) (2930)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2006-11-11
- Categories: Artwork
- Camera: Canon EOS 20D, Tamron AF 55-200 mm Di II
- Exposure: f/7.1, 1/640 seconds
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2006-11-11 18:17
- Favorites: 1 [view]