Fraser Island is home to 79 species of reptiles, including 19 kinds of snake. The most commonly seen reptiles are the Sand Monitor and the Lace Monitor. These large lizards are often seen around picnic areas.
This specimen was around our camp area and found safety up a tree.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Carl Santilli (santers) (390)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2010-05-06
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Nikon D 80, Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED DX AF-S, 67 mm HOYA Circular Polarizer
- Exposure: f/4.8, 1/30 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2010-06-26 2:41