Golden Orb-weaver spiders are found on Fraser Island. They have a yellow band around the joints on their limbs and a greyish abdomen. They also quite often have a web across busy pathways in an attempt to catch insects. This specimen was found between two trees in the bushland near one of the many sandblows on the island. The web is one of the strongest I have ever experienced.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
ifege (10225) 2010-06-25 0:39
Well taken Carl - good colour and sharp. Orb spiders are a curse if you are first along the track in the morning!
ikeharel (57210) 2010-06-25 2:00
A fine macro picture close-up of the spider, Carl.
Good color's comp and sharpness - can see al details in clear view.
oncel (1407) 2010-06-29 3:42
Nice macro shot.Good light manage.
- Copyright: Carl Santilli (santers) (390)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2010-05-11
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Nikon D 80, Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED DX AF-S, 67 mm HOYA Circular Polarizer
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/500 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2010-06-25 0:35