Tully is a good candidate for the wettest town on the dryest continent of the world. Moist tropical air causes rain fall between the Pacific coast and higher Atherton Tablelands. Annual precipitation is over 4000 and the wet season is from January to April.
Appropriate for the tropical climate, typical products of the area are bananas and sugar cane.
Shot from a moving train on a Sunlander service running between Cairns and Brisbane.
- Copyright: Kari Tanskanen (ktanska) (25655)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2014-01-14
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon 7D, Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM
- Exposure: f/10.0, 1/500 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Australia 2014
- Date Submitted: 2014-03-02 7:54