"So this is the new year....and I don't feel any different...." (10 points if you pick that:)
As you can see from the photo info, I took this shot 20 minutes before midnight last night.
Took a trip down to the Gold Coast for a few nights with some friends. The usual - hotel room, plenty of beer, cocktails, beaches.
Not usual this year, of course, we stayed away from Cavill Ave (150 arrested this year).
Anyone who knows the Coast at all will probably ask "Why?".
The home of crass commercialism, idiot surfer boys and plastic people.
Still, go to the right spots and it can be all right.
The gentleman at the front here is trying in vain to make a call, or perhaps send a text message. Alas, he will, as have many others before him on New Years Eve, fall into a frenzy of "Send, Send! For God's sake!" while he leaps into the air, waving his arms. Doing a primitive dance to the god's of mobile reception.
Good luck, mate.
Have a good year.
Critiques | Translate
SoupDragon (652) 2006-12-31 23:05
It's really eerie with the guys face lit up by the telephone screen. It is a testament to his patience that he sat still for 30s! I hop she was worth the wait! The whole scene has a rather ethereal feel to it which makes it very appealing. Obviously nighttime, but somehow.. not.
- Fantastic atmosphere you have created here. It is a great idea for a shot and works so well.
- That guys face. Reminds me of a "Twilight Zone" episode (or was it "Outer Limits"?).
- The people down by the shore seem to be twirling something adding more effect.
- So much to look at on such an empty beach.
I don't like:
Nice one, happy New Year.
gabrielpat (7163) 2007-01-01 7:06
Well done, nice management of differents lights.
trips (1598) 2007-01-20 18:46
Different photo, nice idea. Today, info-telcos everywhere, everytime...
coco (30433) 2007-01-24 4:44
Even if the lights at the end are overexposed, a nice composition, and a fun note and moment.
deki (136) 2007-03-04 7:34
This is a very beautiful picture you have taken here Adam, I like it a lot, particularly because it generates such and interesting atmosphere:)
- Copyright: Adam Coles (adamasao1) (466)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2006-12-31
- Categories: Decisive Moment
- Camera: Sony A100, Sony 18-70 f:3.5-5.6, 55mm UV filter
- Exposure: f/7.1, 30 seconds
- Details: Tripod: Yes
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2006-12-31 22:24