Many people outside of Australia think travelling in remote areas would be risky due to the rare petrol stations. This is right - from the petrol stations point of view.
In Australia they are called 'Roadhouse' and even in the most remote areas like on the track between Maree in South Australia and Birdsville in Queensland you will find every 300- 350 KM a Roadhouse, with cool beer, hot food, friendly bushies as staff and - petrol and destilate or diesel for your vehlicle. Sometimes the gear is not state of the art but as long as it isn#t pooring adn flooding you have a 99% chance to be able to continue your travel - provided you startet with a full tank and fill it up to the top at every roadhouse you will find. Finding a roadhouse is very easy because in remote areas the only mistake you can make is to miss or leave the road. Simply stay on the road or track, drive slowly and constantly and you will make it to the next roadhouse.
- Copyright: Thomas Sautter (mjdundee) (4657)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2003-10-00
- Categories: Transportation
- Camera: Canon EOS 3, Sigma 17-35 EX HSM, B+W Circular Polarizing Filter
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Petrol Station. [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2005-09-08 4:39