These two houses are the same – in layout that is, if you mirror them in the wall that separates them. Everything else is different, that is also what got me interested when walking by and why I took this photo.
These two houses are the last in the row in the Darlington I photo. There are many of these small houses with similar decoration and buildingstyle, not only in the Darlington suburb but also elsewhere in Sydney and Australia. The details in decoration of both houses belong to the Victorian style with many sub styles which dates from 1840 to 1900.
- The strange paint on the first floor of the brown house is not a camera fault but more a painting problem. Trying to improve it by cloning could be an option but I am doubtfull of the result because of the shade etc, any tips are welcome.
- The left house seems to have a construction problem, this is no distortion. If it would have been it should be visible on the blue house as well on the roof.
- Copyright: Harko Pilot (TravelerNL) (3011)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2006-10-06
- Categories: Daily Life, Architecture
- Camera: Sony Alfa DSLR A100, SONY 3/5-5.6/18-70
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/80 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Australia - October 2006
- Date Submitted: 2007-02-07 11:58