CSIRO Parkes Observatory, well known from the Film "The Dish" which evolves around the Apollo 11 mission.
It was one of several radio antennas used to receive live, televised images of the Apollo 11 moon landing on July 20, 1969.
The CSIRO Parkes Observatory is a Radiothermal Telescope and it was completed in 1961.
The picture is only resized and framed.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Stefan Kuehn (jackeroo) (315)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-04-24
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Hoya HD UV
- Exposure: f/6.3, 30 seconds
- Details: Tripod: Yes
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2011-04-28 5:05