Here I was at Chelsea Pier 59 from where I took this photo. The Hudson River and Hoboken on the other side.
The Hudson River is a 315-mile (507 km) watercourse that flows from north to south through eastern New York State in the United States. The river begins at Henderson Lake in Newcomb, New York. The river flows southward past the state capital at Albany and then eventually forms the boundary between New York City and the U.S. state of New Jersey at its mouth before emptying into Upper New York Bay. Its lower half is a tidal estuary, which occupies the Hudson Fjord. This formed during the most recent North American glaciation over the latter part of the Wisconsin Stage of the Last Glacial Maximum, 26,000 to 13,300 years ago. Tidal waters influence the Hudson's flow as far north as Troy, New York.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Andre Gustavo (bona) (11861)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-03-20
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i, Canon EF 18-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM
- Exposure: f/13.0, 1/160 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: March in New York City
- Date Submitted: 2014-02-06 5:46