This is a view of an extinct volcano (Mt. Thielsen) that last erupted 250,000 years ago. It is located in the Oregon High Cascades. The mountain stands at 9,182 feet. For climbers, it must be quite a view from the top.
The trees in the FG are really tall - wonderful trees.
Critiques | Translate
bukitgolfb301 (33708) 2013-08-23 4:00
Hi dear David, how are you?
Another fantatsic landsacpe image! The best mix of the authentic forest with mountain as background. The delicate description in total is so marvelous and remarkable to see.
Great Alps image via so sharp and clear prensetation.
Perfect framework and composition as usual. They seem to be calm and tamed. Mountains half coverd by clouds are also nice to see.
Thanks a lot for your sharing and have a good day! Takero
- Copyright: David Reed Thomas (drt100) (2039)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-08-16
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Olympus E620, Olympus 14 - 42 mm Digital, UV filtrer
- Exposure: f/4.5, 1/800 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Cloudy Mountains, Mountains of North America [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2013-08-23 0:41