East St. Louis, IL is easily one of the most depressed and run-down large towns I have ever seen. It's right up there with Gary, IN and Detroit, MI. However, for the avid photographer who is willing to withstand strange looks from the locals (always pay attention to your surroundings) the photo opportunities are endless.
I was unable to find any information about this old church on the internet. All I know is that it's located at the corner of Summit Avenue and 9th Street in East St. Louis and that it has a cornerstone inscribed with the words "Saint Paul's 1903".
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
photoray (11745) 2013-08-21 12:26
Interesting stone construction similar to ancient gothic, and apparently a worthy candidate for historical preservation.
Add the interest of plants taking over, to make for a historical building in need of care.
- Copyright: Gregory Wagner (fotoguy22) (4792)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-07-06
- Categories: Architecture, Ruins
- Camera: Canon 1D MKII N, Canon 17-40mm F4 L USM, Compact Flash 8 GB, Circular polarising filter
- Exposure: f/8, 1/125 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-08-18 15:52