For most of the Assibiboine and Sioux who dance, it is a deeply felt activity.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
Mike (693) 2003-09-07 10:33
That's a brilliant shot Ned, considering you used flash the results are very soft and appealing, lovely rich hues and good depth of field.
Coyote (457) 2003-09-08 14:40
Man, bring me my dSLR! Extreme as in Really Good. You have captured him par excellence, I have been this close in reality, talking with dancer. All things are working here- dof, color, composition, subject matter etc. And it's not overly sharpened, which adds to it for me. Excellent. (what a face!)
CoolDan (2516) 2003-10-24 17:08
Nice shot Ned. Je suis d'accord avec Caprice vous avez su capter l'émotion sur le visage. Très bon cadrage.
tworivers (573) 2003-11-08 11:38
striking image and portrays the intensity of the dancer well. dof works well in this image also as the background is nicely out of focus and does not detract from the subject. stunning image.
zamsh (445) 2004-01-06 16:08
i love the indians culture, the way they dress and makeup .
mesquens (2399) 2007-08-03 11:30
Magnificent shot: POV and DOF, great. Corlors and sharpness, perfect. Good lightining
- Copyright: Ned Messerschmidt (nmess) (2301)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2003-07-30
- Categories: Daily Life, Festivals, Ceremony
- Camera: Nikon D100, Nikkor ED 80-400 MM f/4.5-5.6 AF VR Zoom, RAW @ ISO 200, UV
- Details: (Fill) Flash: Yes
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Let's Pow Wow, TE Trieste exhibition: “Viaggiando Immaginando”, others favorites [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2003-09-07 10:24
- Favorites: 1 [view]