A typical cloudy summer day at Ruby Beach on the Washington coast. This stretch in Olympic National Park is cliffs and seastacks with beaches of sand and gravel. A great place to photograph - not many clear days though.
This shot was underexposed so I used the shadow/highlight and levels to bring back some of the color and details. (If only I had taken it in Raw.)
I purposely put the horizon and the rock/reflection in the middle of image to see if it was worth breaking the "no middle horizon" rule to bring out the symmetry.
I am posting it the new theme: "Rules - lets break them"
- Copyright: Dave Renfroe (daveRen) (150)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2010-07-04
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Nikon D 90
- Exposure: f/11, 1/125 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Rules - lets break them [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2010-09-15 10:20