This is easily accessible on a short trail in Arches National Park in northern Utah.
I used a polarizer here and brightened up the shadows slightly using the Shadow/Highlight adjustment in Photoshop.
Please check out [map: View] to see where I was.
Critiques | Translate
corjan3 (1879) 2012-04-27 10:58
Any idea how this came about? Fabulous image.
HimalAnda (5630) 2012-04-27 11:26
This is a nice picture, with an excellent composition and great colors.
dale54 (4922) 2012-04-27 12:35
dave hi,wonderfull work,love it!very nice contrast in this,all around WOW shot!look at that color! tfs! dr
kabel (991) 2012-04-27 20:04
Hello, a good POV up close and low so as to look up into the double arch. Not an easy shot to capture as there are usually lots of people all over the arches. Using your polarizing filter really helped to bring out the blue color in the sky. Nice sharpness to bring out the detail in the sandstone.
- Copyright: Dave Renfroe (daveRen) (144)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-10-00
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Nikon D 90, Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR AF-S DX, B+W 67 mm circular Polarize
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Balancing Rocks and Arches, Arches, Twins? [Part VIII], Iconic Western USA National Parks photos, America's National Parks [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2012-04-27 10:08