This picture was take at Pyramid Lake, which is about 40 miles north of Reno in the Nevada high desert.
The lake is named after this tufa tower which is located on the east shore of the lake.
The lake is the terminus of the Truckee River which starts at Lake Tahoe to the southwest. There are two communities on the lake, Sutcliffe and Nixon (Paiute Museum).
The location of the lake is on the Pyramid Lake Paiute Indian Reservation.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Francisco Jose Lomelino Alves (FranciscoJose) (28)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-11-14
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Olympus EVOLT E-500
- Exposure: f/7.1, 1/100 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2009-01-16 18:10