Yet another Montana farmhouse abandoned to time and the elements.
Because of the forest fires that were burning in the mountains, the sky had a nasty gray cast on this day. Part of my reason for posting these old house pictures in b/w. It was near high noon and quite hot, the light so harsh that the images taken seem to me to have an "in the oven" sort of feel; so with the long lense used, it's possible to see the heat waves coming off the land. I'm not suree if sharpening has helped or hurt, but here's the result.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Ned Messerschmidt (nmess) (2301)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Black & White
- Date Taken: 2003-08-01
- Categories: Daily Life, Architecture
- Camera: Nikon D100, Nikkor ED 80-400 MM f/4.5-5.6 AF VR Zoom, RAW @ ISO 200, UV
- Photo Version: Final Version, Original Version
- Theme(s): Ghost Houses, The uglier, grittier side of life. [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2003-08-31 11:28