It's time for Wadopana. Wadopana is a powwow held on the Ft. Peck Reseration by the Assiniboine and Sioux tribes. Those that are able put on thier outfits and dance.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
Aegean (2571) 2003-08-10 7:06
Great shot Ned...Preserving North Indian culture is really an important task...Very well done!
Coyote (457) 2003-08-11 10:24
Good depiction of our friends serious dancing efforts. You caught him just right. Most people don't know how much they put into these pow wows or what it means to the Native American culture (per Aegean). It's fun for them but a serious part of their life........Nice job. I missed ours at Fort Hall, over yesterday.
- Copyright: Ned Messerschmidt (nmess) (2301)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2003-08-01
- Categories: Daily Life, Festivals, Ceremony, Event
- Camera: Nikon D100, Nikkor 24-85 MM f/2.8-4D IF AF Zoom, RAW @ ISO 200, UV
- Details: (Fill) Flash: Yes
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Let's Pow Wow [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2003-08-10 5:11