Taken at the beginning of ski season last winter at Vail. Ahead of you are a few of the runs and two ski lifts taking skiiers up to the top. Conditions weren't the best for skiing, but it's always nice to get a head's start on the ski season.
More pictures of Skiing in Colorado can be found here.
The town is named after Charles Vail who deisgned the highway through the valley. The resort opened in 1962 with just 3 lifts. The resort now encompases 5289 acres with 193 runs and 34 lifts and is one of the most popular resorts in the US.
- Copyright: Amber Smith (berseph) (1758)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2006-11-21
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Olympus Stylus 300 Digital
- Exposure: f/11, 1/160 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Colorado Skiing [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2007-03-31 15:00