I spent a while photographing this storm building in the distance, and was most satisfied by this, my final shot, as the sky grew quite dark.
Unfortunately, after packing up my gear, I wasn't able to make it back to safety, as I was startled by a nearby lightning strike. I was forced to crouch in "lightning position" in the middle of the hillside and wait for about 30 minutes as the hail poured down. It was a good opportunity to reflect on the risks/rewards inherent in photography. Be safe out there!
Please see the photo I have posted to a workshop for another view of the storm.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Adam Splitek (duder) (359)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-06-15
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon EOS 400D, Canon EF-S 17-85mm F4-5.6 IS USM
- Exposure: f/29.0, 2 seconds
- Details: Tripod: Yes
- Photo Version: Original Version, Workshop
- Travelogue: Colorado 2009 - RMYC
- Date Submitted: 2010-01-31 14:09