This train goes from Durango to Silverton, an old mining town. The trip passes along the Animas river and through valleys providing visitors with breathtaking vies. Up to 6 tons of coals are used for the round trip, a great opportunity to experience what steam trains were all about !
Critiques | Translate
merckcrl (223) 2005-11-09 23:48
I was just thinking about doing a US train trip and this is certainly selling me on it! Definitely has a nostalgic feel to it and good composition too!
scotthosner (63) 2008-02-29 9:24
This is a very good compo, and a good
photo to learn about the Earth!
I'm guessing you were actually on the train?
PaulVDV (27866) 2008-03-20 15:07
Beautiful and colourful picture that makes us dream of travelling.
sacavem (18620) 2008-03-21 18:17
Beautiful image of the "American Texas" that already vi in the films:)
Good work to capture this image. Good colour and contrast.
- Copyright: Emmanuel BINOT (speedymanu) (3587)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2004-07-00
- Categories: Transportation
- Camera: Kodak EasyShare DX6490
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Narrow gauge railways..., Trains, Steam Railways [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2005-11-09 16:02