The hike to the top of half dome in yosemite is such a great hike as one passes 2 waterfalls and is rewarded with this type of view at the top. The hike from the valley floor below is about 8 miles one way with about 4000 ft gain. Thousands do the hike every summer.
This is a pic of myself taking a look at the expanse while enjoying an apple. I brought a light weight tripod and used a remote switch. I enjoyed this view alot, however, there are likely no bad views in yosemite. Guess I could've used a wider lens too.
Tried a little neat image to smooth out especially the shaded area to hopefully give everything a little cleaner look.
- Copyright: Ken Shew (kshew) (22)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 1998-00-00
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon Elan, 28-80, Fuji Velvia
- Details: Tripod: Yes
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Pre-digital I [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2005-04-27 0:49