This arch is near the White Tank Campground in Joshua Tree National Park, California.
I liked the way the bolder sits inside the arch from this angle.
The Raw image was taken with a polarizer. By pre-processing in Adobe Camera Raw, I was able to bring up a fair bit of detail and some interesting color from the shadows. I did over-do the polarizer as the sky is almost black in the upper left corner.
Joshua Tree NP is worth the trip out to the desert if you make to southern California. There are trails that sneak into the most amazing and strange landscapes.
Please click on Map:View to see where I was.
- Copyright: Dave Renfroe (daveRen) (144)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-02-18
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Nikon D 90, B+W 67 mm circular Polarize
- Exposure: f/11, 1/250 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Balancing Rocks and Arches, Rock Arches & Natural Bridges, Desert, DESERTS, Sonoran Desert [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2011-03-06 8:49