This is the inside of Mission San Antonio, the most isolated of all the California missions.
It was restored in the late 1940's and early 1950's by the Hearst Corporation.
The ceilings timbers are made of redwood that was harvested from the nearby mountains.
Sadly, the adobe outbuilding of the mission were destroyed by the U.S. Army by soldiers from Fort Hunter Liggett, of which the mission is in the middle of. At the time, the idea of preserving buildings was not even considred.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Francisco Jose Lomelino Alves (FranciscoJose) (28)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-01-02
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Olympus EVOLT E-500
- Exposure: f/3.5, 1/30 seconds
- Details: (Fill) Flash: Yes
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2009-01-11 15:42