Just another shot along the Dalton Highway. The lakes and mountains were too numerous to remember the names, and my cheap maps didn't always provide the information. But I like the profile of this mountain and rich colors of the forest and grasses at the lake shore.
Critiques | Translate
Ronnie (18) 2003-08-13 22:12
Very nice shot !
PiotrS (443) 2003-08-14 5:46
I would call this a picture of purity, simple yet beautiful. Natural colours, pleasing composition, not WOW but mmmmmm.... of quiet contemplation.
jmetzger (6) 2003-09-11 19:13
Man! I wish I was there right now. Nice shot Ned.
plimrn (21344) 2006-06-19 0:27
Clearly I'm very late to your travelogue, but it was featured and your well-written story caught my attention. Your well-framed picture has grat light management and detail; it does give a sense of your story. Next time I'll have to look for other parts of the series....Pat
- Copyright: Ned Messerschmidt (nmess) (2301)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2003-07-10
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Nikon D100, Nikkor 24-85 MM f/2.8-4D IF AF Zoom, RAW @ ISO 200, Circular Polarizer
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Exploring Alaska Highways*PART III*
- Date Submitted: 2003-08-13 22:09